Thursday 15 March 2012

Sunderland 10K run for Thai charity

I've been promising myself for weeks that I'll dust off the running shoes and start training again.  With winter temperatures creeping into double figures, daylight hours lasting longer everyday and an expanding waste line, I'm short on excuses not to do it.  After several failed attempts at getting myself back out pounding the streets, today I gave myself the motivation I needed.

I have signed up for the Sunderland City 10K run, which is just over 7 weeks away in May.  I'm ashamed to say I've done practically no training since completing the Great North Run over a year ago; but 10K isn't too far so once I get into a routine it shouldn't take too long to build my fitness levels up.

In addition to my own selfish reasons for starting training, I thought why not do a bit for charity at the same time.  I have decided to try and raise some cash for the Thai Children's Trust who's mission is to support the most needy children in Thailand; orphans, children with HIV and AIDS, street kids, refugee children and children with disabilities. 

http://thaichildrenstrust.org.uk/
https://www.justgiving.com/ThaiChildrensTrust-Sunderland10K-StevenTodd

So, a few painful weeks ahead but I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment